We have reached Release Candidate 1 for PerfectDisk 12.5 Service Pack 5, as we head toward our planned release date of October 10th. Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 will be included in this service pack.
We are not able to make this RC 1 available to anyone else at this time — thanks for your patience — October 10th will be here soon!
Major changes have been made with the Enterprise Console to help our business users. These changes include:
- PerfectDisk now uses SQL Compact Edition, so no database setup is required.
- Ability to migrate from SQL CE to SQL Server as necessary.
- Auto-purge of items in queue
- Fixed display of OU linked groups
- Improved and easier setup
- Enhanced Deployment
- Auto-detection if client x86 or x64 and deploy appropriately
- Reduction in number of steps for deployment
- Auto-detection of computers where PerfectDisk is not installed
- Auto-assign Sync Schedule and Report Schedule
- Enhanced patching and updating
- Reduced number of steps
- Auto-detection if client x86 or x64 and update appropriately
- Enhanced licensing
- New display to show license keys and which computers assigned
- Ability to delete a license key
- Enhanced Task Management
- New split-screen display for tasks and assigned computers
Get PerfectDisk and defrag news like this earlier — follow PerfectDisk on Twitter.