The PerfectDisk 12.5 Client and Enterprise Console have been updated to Service Pack (SP) 5 (Build 312).
This build includes support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
The PerfectDisk Client contains the following enhancements and changes:
- PefectDisk is now compatible with Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Consistent handling of SSD drives, Flash and USB removable drives in accordance with the selected global settings.
- Fixed handling of missed schedules when the computer is in sleep or hibernation mode.
- Blocked drivers list has been updated.
- Fixed compatibility issues with SoftPerfect RamDisk software.
- Improved GUI responsiveness and CPU usage.
- Fixed occasional system lock-ups in OptiWrite driver and its compatibility with ESET Antivirus software.
- Fixed occasional hanging during volume defragmentation.
- Fixed crashes occurring during unattended schedule runs.
- Eliminated excessive running instances of update check executable.
- Improved PD log display.
- More detailed display of support info.
- Multiple GUI fixes in PefectDisk connected to a remote computer.
- Fixed errors in vSphere virtual guest on non English versions of Windows.
- Several fixes related to deployment of configuration settings to the PerfectDisk computer.
- Fixed several issues with storage of volume statistics in the PerfectDisk database.
The PerfectDisk Enterprise Console contains the following enhancements and changes:
- Added capability to auto-delete Tasks older than configured time.
- Improved and simplified Deployment wizard.
- Improved and simplified Patching wizard.
- Fixed OU linked groups and how they display.
- Improved licensing procedures via the new License Management tab.
- Improved and enhanced Task Management.
- Added automatic sync-after deployment/patch, Schedule assignment, License assignment and Configuration Profile assignment.
- Added support for Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition as a supported database technology.
- Added support for Windows authentication (Trusted Connection) in database configuration and setup.
- Improved readability of error message text.
- New default schedules created during new install and selected by default during deployment.
- Added support for creating new default ‘Desktops’ and ‘Servers’ groups during new install.
- Omitted Microsoft SQL Server Express .MSI files from delivered installation kit.
- Fixed issue where managed computers were not being displayed in various wizards.
- Fixed issue where managed computers were not able to sync if Console Report Schedule was assigned.
- Fixed issue with Deployment credentials not being set when importing Console settings.
In PerfectDisk, users can click Help then Check for Updates to immediately update to SP 5, or wait for AutoUpdate.
Get PerfectDisk and optimization news like this earlier — follow PerfectDisk on Twitter.