One of the many problems of using SDelete to reclaim space for your thin provisioned drives is the problem of free space. More specifically, SDelete basically eats it all, at least temporarily. Because SDelete will consume ALL available free space, you need to shut down all applications and services that require any free space before running SDelete. Not very convenient in a production environment especially, but it’s a necessary task and results in loss of productivity. With PerfectStorage, that shortcoming in your space reclamation goes away, as PerfectStorage does not need free space to do its job.
Another PerfectStorage advantage.
- Coming Soon — PerfectStorage: Automated Thin-Provisioned Space Reclamation
- Reclaim thin provisioned space — intelligently
- SDelete Zero Free Space — A Smarter Way
- Thin Provisioning Space Reclamation — Avoiding SDelete
- Automatically Reclaim Unused Free Space on HP 3PAR SAN
- Thin-provisioned virtual disks — SDelete alternative to reclaiming space
- SDelete alternative for P2V (Physical-to-Virtual)
- How to Zero-Fill Free Space Efficiently
- Can You Benefit from PerfectDisk’s Zero-Fill Free Space?
- The Problem with Thin-Provisioned Disks
- PerfectDisk’s Zero-fill free space on thin-provisioned disks
- An SDelete alternative for recovering disk space from thin-provisioned disks